Applying the Quality Matters Rubric Workshop (Online)
May 20 @ 9:00 am - May 21 @ 12:30 pm
You are invited to participate in this online workshop, which will be taught by certified Quality Matters instructors Amy Brown and Audrey Bryk-Lee. It will be offered via Zoom over 2 mornings: 9:00 am–12:30 pm on Thursday 05/20/2021 and 9:00 am–12:30 pm on Friday 05/21/2021. Both mornings must be attended to complete the workshop.
UNCG Online has organized this workshop free for faculty and staff. This workshop would normally cost $200 per person.
You will be able to pick up your materials at a designated place on campus prior to the date of the workshop, or you can notify the facilitator if you prefer digital-only materials.
This workshop counts towards the continuing professional development requirement for online instructors. A digital certificate of completion will be provided from Quality Matters.
How to Register
Register on the QM website by May 14.
When registering, you will see multiple sessions scheduled; be sure to select the one dated “05/20/2021” to be held at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
For assistance with registering, submit a ticket to Quality Matters using their Help Form.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.