School of Nursing Canvas Basics
August 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is designed for School of Nursing faculty. However, all are welcome to participate. If you need to receive a Professional Development Certificate, please check with your school Academic Technology Support Specialist before taking this course. He/She may be offering this course in your school. If you don’t have an ATS in your unit, please let the facilitator know.
By the end of this course, you will:
1. Be able to navigate the features of Canvas.
2. Create a Welcome Front Page
3. Create an Announcement
4. Create a Discussion Thread
5. Create hyperlinks in the Content Editor
6. Create an Assignment
7. Create a Quiz using New Quizzes or the Standard Quiz feature
8. Utilize the Accessibility checker for your content
9. Create hyperlinks in Assignments, Discussions, and Pages.
10. Create Group Weights for your Gradebook
11. Create a Rubric
12. Adding a grading scheme to an assignment